Ages: 7-11 (Years 1 to 5)
Average lesson duration: 75 minutes
Location: Contact us to find out a location near you.
** We run classes on weekends during the school term at multiple locations. We can also provide an after school care class for your school. **
The Bricks Challenge program introduces elementary school children (ages 6-12) to the basic principles of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). By integrating basic arithmetic learned in school with an intuitive active learning process, children grasp a better understanding of the fundamentals of physics and engineering concepts.
The main goal of the course is to illustrate content through stories and demonstrations. Our students will learn math and physical principles through intuitive study, develop their independent learning and improve their building skills. The course will provide mathematical integration between physical laws and the simple calculations to support them. The laws and mathematics are both illustrated through the construction of exciting LEGO® models.
Once the concepts have been demonstrated students enjoy hands on building the LEGO® models which provides experiential learning and reinforces the lessons topic. To carry out the building process, students receive a tailor made kit developed by Young Engineers.
- 15 minutes: Explanation of the model and introduction of lesson content.
- 40 minutes: Model building.
- 10 minutes: Playing and improvements.
- 10 minutes: Model dismantling, kit arrangement and lesson summary.
- Acquire theoretical knowledge in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics through experimental games.
- Integrates theoretical material and scientific principles into a LEGO® based project.
- Develop creative and inventive thinking among the students.
- Develop the students’ motor skills and spatial vision.
- Develop skills for cooperative team work.
Basic and Complex Mathematical Operations: The integration between planning and building the model involves the calculation of energy transformations, which enables the teaching of mathematical topics such as addition and subtraction, and up to exponentiation.
Introducing Philosophers and Theoreticians: Archimedes, Newton, Da Vinci and more….
Physical Forces and Laws: Centrifugal force, centripetal force, force of inertia, kinetic energy, potential energy, law of action-reaction, lift force, torque, leverage points, load distribution, force conservation, angular momentum and more….
- Develop time planning and management skills.
- Encourage independent creative-inventive thinking.
- Develop the ability to analyze engineering processes.
- Broaden knowledge of physical laws and various natural phenomena.
- Improve spatial vision.
- Develop a sense of self-efficacy.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills.
Exciting Theme Models:
- Amusement park rides.
- Various means of transportation.
- Modern machines.
More to come.. Stay tuned!